To export citations to a citation manager file, click the Send to dropdown menu at the top of the search results, then select Citation Manager.
Once you have selected Citation manager, you will be able to select to export All results on this page, All results, or Selection. If you want to export only certain citations, click the box to the left of the citations before beginning the Send to Citation manager.
1. To download a single citation, click the Cite link below the title information in either the results list or within a citation record.
2. In the Cite window, you can choose the citation style you wish to use, manually copy the citation from the citation box, or download the citation to a file. To download the file, click Download .nbib, then you can import the .nbib file to your citation manager.
To save searches and create alerts for new results of a saved search, you will need to be signed in to your My NCBI account.
1. In the search results screen, click the Create alert link below the search box.
2. In the Create alert screen, the search name/search terms fields will be populated with your search string. You can manually change these fields if you wish.
3. Select whether you wish to receive emails of new search results (default selection is yes). If you elect to receive email alert updates, PubMed will send email updates of new results for you saved search in accordance with the alert options you choose.
4. Change any of the options for receiving alerts (frequency, which day, report format, send at most).
5. Once you have made all selections for the saved search alert, click save.
1. Click the My NCBI logo link in the upper right corner of any PubMed screen.
2. Select Dashboard (My NCBI) link.
3. All saved searches appear in the Saved search box to the right. Click the gear icon to edit or delete a saved search.