Search by title, subject, or ISBN/ISSN
Within search results, limit to peer reviewed journals and by subject, resource type, and/or publisher
SVM Electronic Resources is a holdings management tool that contains full text access links to all the electronic books and journals,as well as online videos to which the SVM Library subscribes, as well as open access veterinary and medical resources and the major veterinary and medical journals to which LSU Libraries subscribes.
To access SVM Electronic Resources, click the SVM Electronic Resources link under the quick links section of the School of Veterinary Medicine Library homepage.
1. While typing in the SVM Electronic Resources search box, the tool will auto-suggest resource titles; if one of these suggested titles is the one for which you are looking, select that resource by clicking on the title in the suggestion list. If none of the titles match the resource for which you are looking, click the search button once you have finished typing your search term(s).
2. At the top of the search results, the number of results are listed. On the left side of the results, you can limit or refine your results by selecting subject(s), resource type(s), and/or publisher(s) you wish to include in your results. To expand the refine options, click on the small arrow next to the heading. To refine your results, click the boxes next to the subjects, publishers, and/or resource types you wish to include in your results. To change the sort mode, click the drop down arrow next to Relevance in the top right corner.
3. On the search results page, the link under Full Text Access will direct you to the resource page. Some resources may have multiple access links.
4. You can search within some electronic journals. When this option is available, a search box will appear below the title.
Enter your search term in the box and click the search icon; the results list will include articles published in the journal about that topic. Click the Full Text Finder link to go to the full text of the article.
To access the E-journals tab, click the LSU Libraries icon at the top of any page in the Catalog to go the LSU Libraries homepage, then select the E-journals tab.
The LSU Libraries' E-journals tab is the same search tool as the SVM Electronic Resources search, but it includes only LSU Libraries' electronic journals and some ebooks. LSU Libraries' E-journals tab does not include resources to which only the SVM Library subscribes.
1. To search the LSU Libraries' E-journals tab, select the E-journals tab on the LSU Libraries' homepage.
2. From the E-journals tab, you can also browse journals by discipline by clicking on the "browse by discipline" link.
3. On the Browse by Discipline page, click the subject area in which you wish to view available journals.