This comprehensive guide provides an overview of conducting news research, both current and historical. Includes links to news content, such as newspapers, news magazines, transcripts, video, and wire services available through LSU Libraries.
Access World News is a comprehensive resource that includes a variety of news publications worldwide. These sources include major national and international newspapers, as well as local and regional titles as well as newswires, blogs, web-only content, videos, journals, magazines, transcripts and more.
Search more than 175 years of Baton Rouge history with The Advocate Collection. Coverage from 1845 through today. Explore current and archived issues of The Advocate with full-color newspaper pages and individual articles.
Newspaper Source Plus provides a full-text digital collection of the world's major news content. It includes millions of articles from newspapers, newswires and news magazines. In addition, it offers television and radio transcripts and ongoing daily updates from popular news sources. Includes more than 1,200 full-text newspapers and 150 newswires.
1. Select the link above
2. Select from the search Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College - Baton Rouge, LA
3. Enter all of the requested information and use your LSU email on the registration form and click Sign Up.
4. Once you create your log-in credentials, you will be able to log in using nytimes.com.
5. Faculty and staff must register annually. Student access reflects the estimated graduation date.
Funding for LSU's New York Times access was provided by LSU Student Government and LSU Libraries
LSU Libraries is excited to announce that The Wall Street Journals premium digital products including WSJ online and smartphone and tablet apps are now available to all students and faculty. For over a century, WSJ has sustained a legacy of journalistic excellence and is the #1 most trusted newspaper for the 27th consecutive year, according to the Pew Research Center.
All users will need to create a user account.
Remote PC/Mobile access:
1. Click on the WSJ+ link
2. Login to MyLSU
3. Create an account using your LSU email address
4. Select account type
5. Agree to terms and hit create
6. Setup account preferences
7. Your account is now setup for access
Funding for LSU's Wall Street Journal access was provided by LSU Student Government and LSU Libraries
Access World News: Essentials
How to Conduct a Basic Search
How to Use the "A-Z Source List" to See All Publications
Nexis Uni: Essentials
How to Search from the Home Page in Nexis Uni
How to Select Sources and Create Permalinks in Nexis Uni