Steps for Researching for a Speech:
1. Go to the library's home page via your myLSU under Library Resources and click on LSU Library Home Page or www.lib.lsu.edu
2. Go to the Research tab and click on it.
3. Search the Library Catalog for electronic and print books, journals, government info, dissertations, theses, etc.
4. Search the Databases for articles. Check out the Databases section of this research guide.
5. Click on ALL Subjects and scroll down to Communication Studies.
6. Communication and Mass Media Complete is one of the best guides for advanced communication studies research.
7. Click on Clear Filters/Browse All Databases.
8. Click on ALL Database Types and scroll down to Frequently Used Databases.
9. Use the databases Academic Search Complete for introductory research into scholarly sources, Access World News for news resources, and CQ Researcher for controversial, cutting edge topics and topic development.
10. Once you have picked a topic, make an appointment with the appropriate subject librarian at http://www.lib.lsu.edu/about/staff/specialists
11. Look at the Research Guides for your topic at http://guides.lib.lsu.edu/